Friday, February 6, 2009

Rab ne bana di jodi hai......

Saw Rab ne bana di jodi in PVR today. Wanted to watch it for a long time but it always got postponed due to some or other reasons. And the high PVR ticket prices was not at all helpful in making me go sooner. With so high ticket prices its always better to find out how the movie is before going. Before you start giving dialogues such as I should go and decide for myself how the movie is listen to the valuable lesson I have learnt in past few years after wasting so much money watching the first day shows of movies such as Kisna, Tajmahal, james, Taal, Shiva, D, Darna jaroori hai, Darna mana hai, Hello, Heroes, Just married and many more. So I try to find out how a movie is before booking the tickets and always watch the movie after its first week of running thinking if the movie ran for one week atleast it will be ok.


So, finally after 3 weeks of the release booked the tickets and went to see it. Was not expecting much from the movie as I got extremely conflicting and opposite reviews for it, it was either very good or very bad. Nobody said that the movie was just ok or its good or watchable. And to add to it that I am not a Sharukh fan by any means. The only movies which I like of him is Swades and Chak de India. I try to stay as far away from his romantic films as possible. But there was something different about Rab ne ... which forced me to go and see this movie. There was not mcuh AD of it which I think is good as when a big star as Sharukh is not promoting his movie so aggressively means they think the movie is good and it will spread word by mouth. Same was the case with Chak de India.

So my summary for the movie is that its a GOOD movie. I sat through the whole movie and never felt bored except in the interval when I wanted the movie to start soon. Sharukh's acting both as a simple Punjab power executive and the yippee is very good. You really get engroseed in the movie and feel pity for Sharukh and want to yell at Anushka Sharma for not seeing his true love. Anushka Sharma has really acted well and fits the role perfectly. This role definitely needed a new actress and they have done well to take her. Anushka Sharma makes the character so lively. Some of the best scenes are between Shahrukh and Vinay Pathak, when they converse with each other. That scene is really funny when Vinay Patha tries to explain the meaning of Macco to Shahrukh. When Sharukh changes to a Yippe and cool Raj the movie turns hilarious and you can not stop laughing when he says HARIPPPAAA.... One of the scene is Raj enters the auditorium and pats a girl in the back and when her boyfrend shouts he says "Sister hai yaar".
True the director has taken a lot of cinematic liberty with the plot such as Anushka not recognising Sharukh when he does a Raj or Anushka never telling Raj that she is married and many more. But I think as you can take as many liberties as you want and if after that the movie looks convincing then there is nothing wrong in it. But even after taking so much liberties the movie doesn't look convincing then you have screwed up. The best example is to take any action scene in any english action movie, that stunts are never possible but the way they execute it , it looks so convincing that we seem to like it.

Overall the movie is good and definitely a watch, all the songs are good and the best scene- Sharukh as Surider kohli puts a mesaage for her wife Anushka and on second thought puts a red rose on top of that. But just before leaving he gets scared and puts the rose back in the vase. See it to feel its effect.

My rating – 3.5/5

No comments: