"Sonu wake up !! you need to go for a haircut today" ..Mummy shouted from the top of her voice. I completely ignored Mummy ..took the blanket and slept again… I had the habit of never waking up in the first wake up call. (Which I am maintaining till now)..
Mummy shouted again “Sonu wakeup its already 4 , you will be late otherwise”. I said irritated “its to early, I will go at seven”. Mummy replied “No, we will go now, it will be too crowded at 7 and I have lots of work to do unlike you”. I said "what?, i also have lots of work to do. I need to go to school, study and etc." (I thought i made a good use of word etc.,I like this word:) )
Then i realized Mummy is also coming with me and got up in a shock “Why are you coming with me for a haircut, I can go alone, no need for you to come”. “No, I will come with you that ‘Nai’ [Barber] is not making your hair shorter, I can’t send you twice a month for having haircut it costs very much”. I said “what?, it costs only 5 rupees and i am having my haircut perfectly fine, If I make it more shorter my friends will ask me if I am in a sainik school”. I completely ignored the fact that it was me who was forcing the Nai to not make my hair shorter even after him telling me that your mummy will get angry if I don’t make your hair shorter.I told the Nai that I will go to some other shop if he makes my hair more shorter than what i tell him. The nai happened to be a part time worker in my papa’s department. ”I am coming with you ,now get ready fast” Mummy told as if she didn’t heard a single word from me.
I got up and thought while brushing ‘heck why we are going for a haircut so early’ Then I thought may be before going to school I can have my haircut, anyways my hair were very long and I was sure that without haircut i will stand outside the assembly as a punishment today.Mummy shouted from other room "Take one biscuit packet from Kitchen, I will make some thing when we come back"."I cant have anything so early, we will have chats in the market". I shouted while brushing. Mummy replied "I am not going to buy anything, have biscuit if you want otherwise don't start shouting in the market" I brushed my teeth, got ready slowly, took one biscuit packet from Kitchen(something is better than nothing) and went outside and asked Mummy again”why are we going so early we can go later na ” She didn’t replied.
We started and after some time I saw some boys playing in the field and thought how come they are playing so early. I asked mummy and she replied that everybody is not like me who sleeps so late. I thought , what? I woke up at 4 today.
We went further and saw a group of students coming back from tuition and I felt really very shameful that I am waking up so late and everybody wakes up so early and goes to tuition. I never thought that all the places will be so lively at that time.
We got further and suddenly I realized that it is getting darker instead of getting brighter and i thought how this can happen and then it came to my mind that its not morning and I woke up at 4.00 clock in the afternoon J
7 comments:
AAshish unexpectedly you are improving very fast. I could not guess till last what will come in end. And this time you are more innocent than your first blog. I know you have maintained timelessness very well :) from your childhood but what happened to you where is your innocence?????????
why didn't you tell me these stories earlier? I would have much more stuff to ... well, you know what :)
Anyway, although late, but i have one more!
i am sure there must be many more stories. You can tell us about your daily routine of your childhood.
and i am waiting for your next post hoping it would detail your another deed :)
I too remember,my mom used to drag me to the barber shop, and would often give her expect advice on how the barber should work on my hair.. Wonder why these Mom's are so damn particular about their children's hair-cut!!!
Post a Comment